Commercial Property Solicitor / CILEX
Commercial Property Solicitor
Department: Company Commercial and Commercial Property
Reports to: Partner
Candidate Criteria: The successful candidate will have a broad range of commercial property experience and will be capable of handling a broad commercial property workload with some company commercial experience an advantage but not essential. An active engagement in business development is essential.
The successful candidate will have specific experience in commercial Landlord and Tenant work acting for both Landlords and Tenants and also acquisitions and disposals of commercial freehold and leasehold property.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate experience in other aspects of commercial property work including development work, with knowledge of development agreements, options, conditional contracts, overage, easements and restrictive covenants.
Applicants ideally will be newly qualified solicitors or solicitors with 1-3 years
Role & Responsibilities
• To assist the practice in meeting its professional obligations and business
• To provide a high level of legal advice and assistance to the clients of the firm.
• To ensure that the advice given is accurate and comprehensive and that all
advice provided is clearly recorded on the file.
• To respond to all client and third party communications promptly and to
conduct matters to their conclusion within a reasonable time scale.
• To ensure that the conduct of client files is in accordance with all internal,
professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
• To provide support and assistance to colleagues by assisting with
overflow work within the department and maintaining support during holidays
and sick leave.
• To ensure that clients are provided with comprehensive advice.
• To attend upon clients.
• To confirm advice in correspondence.
• To respond promptly to client’s communications.
• To draft all necessary documentation required to conduct the client’s case
and to proof read documents to achieve 100% accuracy.
• To ensure that paper and electronic files are up to date and accurate.
• To comply with all statutory requirements, where necessary.
• To prioritise work to meet deadlines agreed with the client or any other party
involved with the matter.
• To ensure that all information used in managing the files and storing deeds
and wills and any other documents relating to the case are accurately
• To maintain accurate billing records by recording time appropriately and to
promptly and regularly bill clients for work conducted.
• To keep active watch on all WIP levels.
• To meet time recording, billing and other performance targets.
• To ensure that all requisite deadlines relating to the case are accurately
recorded in the diary management system and, in particular, in the case of
court matters, on the central diary system.
To act as an ambassador/promoter of the firm.
To take a proactive approach to building professional relationships with clients
and other contacts.
To treat clients and colleagues with respect and tact, bearing in mind
individual needs, and ensuring confidentiality at all times.
To present a smart appearance and wear attire suitable for a professional
To maintain and promote the good image of the firm.
To assist colleagues, Partners and Head of Department with
marketing/training events and initiatives.
Please send your Covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taunton Solicitors - Recruitment
2 Tangier Central, Taunton. TA1 4AP