Financial settlement following family breakdown
The best outcome following family breakdown is usually one that can be agreed between the parties, rather than one imposed by a court. Settlement should always be based upon full knowledge of each person's current financial position, what their needs are at that time, what they might be in the future and how such needs may be met fairly, from the available resources.
We will advise you and assist you in:-
- Obtaining full disclosure
- Negotiating directly with the other party or their solicitors
- If appropriate, referring you to and advising you during mediation
- If necessary, representing you through court proceedings
- Implementing the terms of any order made or agreed