Vacancy – Legal Assistant
Commercial and Conveyancing Legal Assistant - Full-time or Part-time
Providing competent and efficient Legal duties, including the inputting of data into a case-management system.
- Audio Typing to support theCommercail Department and Conveyancing Department in the management of the workload, ensuring that the priorities of the department are met.
- To support Commercial Department and Conveyancing Department in the production of files by using the case management system (ALB) and by typing dictated work as directed.
- To support Fee Earners in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Fee Eaners.
- To assist in general office administration and in the locating of files when necessary.
- To transmit correspondence by fax and email and undertake photocopying when necessary.
- To answer internal telephone calls efficiently and politely and take messages, as necessary.
- To ensure that all internal methods, systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision and assist other department when required.
• Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
• Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Delivers work output to the required standard.
• Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
• Operates effectively as part of a team.
• Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure the success of the firm.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems.
• Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
• Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
• Checks that information is accurate and complete.
• Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
• Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
• Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
• Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
• Polite and courteous both by telephone and face to face.
• Computer literate with good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of using software packages. Use of case management system an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
• Recent practical experience of using word processing packages (preferably Microsoft Word).
• RSA Stage 2 Typing (50 words per minute copy typing).
• Recent practical experience of Audio Typing.
• Recent practical experience of working in an office environment.
• Practical experience of handling client enquiries both by telephone and face to face.
• Working knowledge of using photocopiers, fax machines.
• Practical experience of working in a legal office environment.
• Experience of working in a networked Windows environment.
• Demonstrates a commitment to personal development.
Please apply with covering letter and your CV to:
Taunton Solicitors - Recruitment
2 Tangier Central Taunton TA1 4AP